Yamaha WXC-50 Wireless Streaming Preamplifier
Connect your existing home theater AV receiver or Hi-Fi system to this compact preamp, then use your Wi-Fi® network to access all of your music from a simple app. Add other MusicCast speakers, sound bars or receivers for wireless multiroom audio playback. In addition to Wi-Fi, this preamp also supports Bluetooth® and AirPlay®, allowing for greater wireless connection flexibility.
- High-performance design with premium audio components
- Extremely versatile control and connectivity options
- Access to your music library, Pandora®, Spotify, Napster, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer and more
- Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
- Voice control using your Alexa device like Echo or Echo Dot
- MusicCast app for Apple® iOS and Android™ devices
- Conveniently slim, can be placed horizontally or vertically
Control at Your Fingertips
Connect the WXC-50 to your existing AV receiver or Hi-Fi system, then download the free MusicCast app to connect it to your existing home Wi-Fi to create a powerful streaming audio system.
Quickly select sources, browse your music library and control playback right from your smartphone or tablet. You can also control sound EQ settings from the app.
Access all of your music with a simple app and wirelessly stream it throughout your home using your existing Wi-Fi® network.
- Stream it all. Listen to Pandora®, Spotify, Napster, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, thousands of free internet radio stations and the music stored on your smart devices and computers.
- Wireless connectivity. All MusicCast products are fully loaded with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® and AirPlay®.
- Expand to a whole home audio experience. When you’re ready, add MusicCast wireless speakers, sound bars or other devices in up to 9 other rooms and listen throughout your home.
- No wires, easy installation. By using MusicCast, you don't need to fuss with placing wires through walls into other rooms.
Alexa on MusicCast
Amazon Alexa-enabled devices — including Echo, Dot, Tap and Show — can now control key functions of any MusicCast product using voice commands. Discover a new, exciting way to control music and entertainment experiences in your home.
Low Power Consumption
The WXC-50 consumes less than two watts of power in standby mode. When the power is on, power consumption is still a low 5 W, and even when used for long periods, power consumption is environmentally friendly. In addition, the Auto Power Standby feature lets you save energy by automatically turning the power off after two, four, eight or 12 hours.Disklavier ENSPIRE™
Turn your entire home into a concert hall. Combine the world’s most advanced piano, the Disklavier ENSPIRE, with MusicCast to enjoy the sound and music of a real acoustic piano in any room of your home.
With a firmware update coming in Fall 2016, the WXA-50 amp can be used to power speakers for backing tracks in the same room as the Disklavier, while the WXC-50 preamp can be used to transmit both the piano sound and backing tracks to other rooms.
WXC-50 Network section DLNA Version 1.5 File Format MP3, WMA, MPEG4, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD Wi-Fi Yes AirPlay Yes Bluetooth Yes (SBC / AAC) Pure Direct Yes Total Harmonic Distortion (20 Hz-20 kHz) 0.003 % (Pre out) Signal-to-Noise Ratio 112 dB (Opt / Net / USB / Bluetooth in) / 98 dB (AUX in) Audio In / Out 1 / 1 Digital Input 1 (Optical) / 1 (Optical, Coaxial) USB Input 1 Ethernet 1 Pre Out 1 Subwoofer Out 1 Remote In / Out 1 / 0 Control (Trigger) In / Out 1 / 1 Standby Power Consumption 1.8 W Dimensions (W x H x D) 8-3/8” x 2” x 9-5/8” (with antenna: 8-3/8” x 4-7/8” x 9-5/8”) Weight 3.17 lbs.