VPI Prime/JMW 10 3D Turntable
For the past 3 years, VPI has focusedon new/entry level audiophiles and getting them to embrace vinyl for the first time. With the Prime, we wanted to get back to our roots and focus on the existing audience with a table that offers quality hi-end sound and takes advantage of our improvements in technology. We believe it is important to show the industry that we will still be making new turntable and designs whether Harry is in the factory or poolside! The Prime is Mat Weisfeld's first solo design on a table, with Harry's approval as well as input from the rest of the VPI staff. The shape of the Prime is meant to have a curvier and sexier look compared to the "classic" look of our tables over the past 10 years, while at same time having the footprint to accommodate the space needed for a 10 inch 3D arm.
- The vinyl wrapped MDF chassis is bonded with an 11 gauge steel plate to provide the ultimate resonance control and rejects feedback
- The four Delrin corner posts are designed for isolation and mechanical grounding
- The 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor is capable of high torque and quiet operation. The motor is installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly
- The Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects
- The 20 pound 6061 aluminum platter has an accuracy of +/- .001‚¬? in a 39‚¬? circumference
The motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005‚¬? when leaving factory
- Periphery Ring clamp for the ultimate in record warp reduction
- Stainless Steel Center Weight, which perfectly complements the periphery clamp
- Analog Drive System (ADS) for the utmost accuracy in motor speed and fine speed adjustments.
Wow and flutter .05% WRMS Speed Accuracy .05% Rumble > 80db down Overall Dimensions 21 ¦œ" x 15¾" Footprint 19 ½" x 13 ¾" weight 54 lbs
All eligible company warranty and service support is being provided on VPI Prime/JMW 10 3D Turntable