PSB SUB SERIES 150 - EACH SUBWOOFER
PSB SubSeries: The PSB SubSeries 150 powered subwoofer is designed to provide the flattest possible frequency response, full bass extension, low distortion, and high output. The PSB SubSeries powered subwoofer is perfect for music and movie soundtracks.
Class D Discrete MOSFET Amp: The PSB SubSeries 150 powered subwoofer employs a custom-designed Class D discrete MOSFET amplifier rated at 100W RMS/200W Peak. The built-in digital amplifier features an automatic varying switching frequency that maintains maximum efficiency and low THD under all conditions. The Class D amplifier also incorporates proprietary limiting circuitry preventing audible overload while remaining true to the dynamics of your music or movie sound track. This circuitry combines peak limiting circuits thathold amplifier signal swing to the point just short of the amplifier's clipping, with compression circuitry that will reduce the amplifier's gain.
6.5" Woofer: To compliment the powerful Class D amplifier, the SubSeries 150 uses a front-firing 6.5" polypropylene cone woofer with rubber surround, high-temperature voice coil and vented pole piece. The woofer is designed to reduce mechanical noise and prevent harsh sounds at extreme excursion.
Top-Mounted Controls: Three rotary control knobs (volume/crossover/phase)are provided on the top-panel of the powered sub for setup.
- Volume Control: The rotary volume knob controls the output level of the powered subwoofer, relative to the volume of the other speakers in the system.
- Low-Pass Crossover: The low-pass crossover adjusts the high-frequency roll-off of signals sent to the subwoofer. The control is continuously variable from 50 Hz to 150 Hz, and allows you to precisely match the subwoofer's bass production with your system's main left & right stereo speakers.
- Phase Dial: The phase dial allows for the adjustment of the phase of the subwoofer in relation to the speakers used in the system; from 0 to 180 degrees.
Inputs & Outputs: The PSB SubSeries 150 powered subwoofer offers LFE and stereo RCA inputs, as well as LFE and stereo RCA outputs.
- LFE/Stereo Inputs: A LFE or stereo RCA input is provided for connecting your receiver. You can use a single RCA cable to connect the LFE (low frequency effects) Output of your receiver, preamplifier, or integrated amp. Since the LFE output is filtered on the receiver/preamp/amp, the subwoofer's variable low-pass filter is bypassed. If your receiver or integrated amplifier has preamp outputs, or if you are using a preamplifier without a designated LFE output, the preferred connection is to use a stereo RCA cable plugged into both left and right inputs. In this case, you will use the powered sub's low-pass crossover.
- LFE/Stereo Outputs: A LFE or stereo RCA output is provided for daisy-chaining another powered sub. The LFE output is filtered by the powered sub's built-in low-pass crossover, while the stereo RCA outputs are unfiltered and full-range.
Flexible Mounting Options: The SubSeries 150 powered sub can stand up vertically or horizontally for placement behind or beside a sofa or chair. You can also lay the powered sub down and slide it out-of-sight under a couch or end table. You can even wall-mount the SubSeries 150 using the included wall-mount bracket. Dimensions are as follows based on mounting application.
- Vertical (w/ feet): 17.5625" (w) x 11.0" (h) x 5.625" (d)
- Horizontal (flat on back): 17.5625" (w) x 4.8125" (h) x 10.6875" (d)
- Wall-Mount (w/ bracket): 17.5625" (w) x 10.3125" (h) x 4.8125" (d)
Auto On/Off: The powered subwoofer features a main power switch on the back panel.
Features and Specs
Enclosure Acoustic Suspension Video Shielded No Woofer Size (inches) 6 1/2 Woofer Composition Polypropylene Firing Direction Front Wireless No Preamp-Level Inputs Yes Speaker-Level Inputs No Speaker-Level Outputs No Low-Pass Crossover Freq 50-150Hz High-Pass Crossover Freq None Phase Switch Yes Amplifier Output (watts) 100 Frequency Response 26-150 Hz Height (inches) 11 Width (inches) 17-9/16 Depth (inches) 5-5/8 Weight 13.3 lbs
All eligible company warranty and service support is being provided on PSB SUB SERIES 150 - EACH SUBWOOFER