Cambridge Audio Topaz CD5 Entry-Level CD Player
Following our "Sound First" design principles, the CD5 features a Wolfson 8725 digital to analogue converter and a 2-pole Butterworth filter to maximise audio quality whilst minimising cost and clutter. Its efficient design concentrates on delivering your music with clarity, depth and detail.
We have used components in the CD5 that would normally only be used in far more expensive players. By focusing on the components that really add to the sound quality, and cutting extra cost and clutter where it‚¬„s not needed, we‚¬„re able to deliver performance that is unheard of at this price point. See below for details on some of the premium components we have utilised.
This high-quality digital to analogue converter draws more detail out of every type of music.
Our designers chose a solidly built, all metal case, carefully damped to minimise vibration and maximise music purity; usage of materials like this is a rarity for hi-fi at this price point.
As well as audio CDs, you can play home-recorded CD-R, CD-RW and CD-ROM discs packed with digital music in MP3, MP3 Pro and WMA formats.
- Digital to analogue converterWolfson Microelectronics WM8725
- Filter2-pole Butterworth filter
- Supported disc formatsCD-DA/CD-R/CD-RW/CD-ROM; MP3/MP3 Pro/WMA
- Frequency response(+/-0.4dB) 20Hz - 20kHz
- THD @ 1Khz 0dBFs<0.006%
- THD @ 1Khz -10dBFs<0.015%
- S/N ratio, A weighted>93dB
- Crosstalk @1kHz<-95dB
- Crosstalk @20kHz<-95dB
- Output impedance<50 Ohms
- Max. power consumption15W
- Playback delayA 5 millisecond mute at the beginning of each track to avoid pops or thumps that can occur when a track is skipped or started, either due to artefacts on the CD or recording or pickup/noise in the mechanism.
- Colour Black
- Dimensions (WxHxD)430 x 80 x 305mm
- Weight 4.3Kg (9.5lbs)
All eligible company warranty and service support is being provided on Cambridge Audio Topaz CD5 Entry-Level CD Player