Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 100 Digital-To-Analog Converter
Product DescriptionProduct Description:Generally the digital to analogue converter found in typical digital devices is pretty poor and won‚¬„t extract the truest quality of audio from your sources. The DacMagic 100 works by taking a direct digital audio signal from your device to bypass its soundcard or DAC. It then digitally processes the audio signal using Cambridge Audio custom designed technology, dramatically improving sound quality and reducing distortion. This results in greater detail, sparkling clarity and a deeper scale to all of your audio.SOUND FIRST DESIGNLike all the Cambridge Audio products, the DacMagic 100 was custom developed from the ground-up by their design team at headquarters in the heart of London. Cambridge Audio engineering teams put an incredible amount of attention to detail on ensuring the sound quality is the focus of the product, for the DacMagic 100 this included incorporating the very latest digital to analogue converter from market-leader Wolfson.Asynchronous USB means better sound from your computerStandard USB outputs from most computers pose a serious limitation to sound quality. That's because while you're trying to listen to music, your PC is busy performing virus scans, data backup, and other background tasks that may take priority over your tunes, causing it to alter the data rate to suit its own needs. Unfortunately, this situation results in timing errors within the digital data stream ‚¬? known as "jitter" ‚¬? that adversely affects sound quality. Jitter can make your music sound harsh and edgy, and smear subtle details.The DacMagic 100 solves this problem by reaching out to your computer through the USB interface, and instructing it to relinquish control of the data stream timing. In its place, this advanced DAC inserts its own separate, or asynchronous, clock to precisely control the timing of the data rate, reducing jitter to the vanishing point. You'll hear a stunning improvement in low-level ambient detail along with a wider, deeper soundstage.Enjoy full-resolution USB audioAlong with all the sonic benefits the DacMagic 100 provides for your compressed and CD-quality music files, it also has another trick up its sleeve ‚¬? it decodes high-resolution data streams with up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution through its USB connection, so you can enjoy better-than-CD audio quality. (Free USB driver download required for Windows® PCs.) If you download high-res music files from HDtracks and other audiophile sources, this DAC will ensure that you hear them in all their glory.
Plenty of connections for your gear
DacMagic 100 lets you connect multiple digital source components to your home audio or desktop system:
- twocoaxial digitalinputs: ideal for connecting a CD or DVD player, Logitech Squeezebox Touch, Sonos® Connect, or any other digital audio component with coax out, and taking advantage of the DacMagic 100's high-performance processor for better sound.
- oneoptical digitalinput: ready to take on a set-top box, most HDTVs, a game console, or other digital audio sources with optical digital output, and feed a high-quality audio signal into your stereo system.
- Type B USB jackfeeds digital audio from your computer into the DacMagic 100's onboard digital-to-analog converter, bypassing your computer's sound card to yield much clearer sound with stored music files and Internet radio.
A pair of gold-plated RCA outputs lets you connect the DacMagic 100 to your home audio system's receiver or integrated amp. Or feed a set of powered speakers for a high-end, compact desktop ster
- latest-generation Wolfson Microelectronics 8742 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- asynchronous USB technology for reduced timing jitter and better sound with computer audio sources
- incoming sampling rate indicator helps verify source quality
- full-metal case design with thick brushed aluminum front panel
- ground lift switch to eliminate potential ground hum
- three digital audio inputs: one optical (Toslink) and 2 RCA coaxial (S/PDIF)
- USB (Type B) input for connection to a computer
- supported sample rates: USB: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, and 96kHz (24-bit/192kHz supported with downloaded USB driver and WASAPI, ASIO, or kernel streaming modes), optical: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz, coaxial: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz
- built-in driver for USB 1.0 connection (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- dedicated Cambridge Audio USB 2.0 driver required for 24-bit/192kHz playback on a Windows® PC (free USB driver download available from Cambridge Audio website)
- Mac OSX 10.5 or later supports 24-bit/192kHz USB output natively, so no dedicated driver is required
- frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz (±0.1 dB)
- THD: less than 0.0025%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 113 dB
- external power supply included
- Dimensions (WxHxD):106 x 46 x 130mm (4.1 x 1.8 x 5.1")
- weight: 0.5Kg (1.1 lbs.) (without power supply)
Condition:New: A brand-new, unused and undamaged item. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions Brand: Cambridge Duration: 1 year Type: Digital to Analog Converter
All eligible company warranty and service support is being provided on Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 100 Digital-To-Analog Converter