The Silver 300
The full three-way design delivers class-leading mid-range, while a pair of long-throw 6-inch bass drivers work together to produce incredible power from the tall, but slim cabinet design, making it the perfect choice for serious audiophile and AV installations.
The three-way configuration allows each driver to be optimised to do a better job over a narrower frequency band; the only real way to deliver elevated performance in every respect. Superlatively natural mid-range comes courtesy of a dedicated 4-inch driver, specially designed with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system. This technique ensures the voice coil always remains in the magnetic gap under all conditions for demonstrably lower distortion than usually found at this level – an advance which can be immediately heard.
Coupled with higher overall impedance and better overall system damping, the cabinet can be placed close to a wall. However, this is a serious audiophile speaker, capable of delivering seismic levels of bass extension. For optimum performance, a distance of just 12 inches (30 cm) is needed between the speaker and wall, allowing the system to breathe and perform optimally. High overall sensitivity makes this new Silver 300 easy to drive with a modest, high-quality amplifier delivering precise, dynamic music or film to fill a medium to large room.
- Three-way, four-driver configuration (electrically and acoustically) allows the drivers to be optimised to deliver higher efficiency and lower distortion from a cabinet of this size
- 25 mm C-CAM, (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) featuring vented Neo magnet system has been optimised for lower distortion and cleaner-sounding highs
- Specially developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system so the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap, ensuring very low distortion
- Dual 6-inch bass drivers with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile means better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion.
System Format: 3-way
Frequency Response (-6 dB): 32 Hz – 35 kHz
Sensitivity (1W@1M): 90 dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Minimum Impedance: 3.5 ohms @ 146 Hz
Maximum SPL: 116 dBA (pair)
Power Handling (RMS): 200 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 80 – 200 W
Bass Alignment: Bass reflex. HiVe II port system
Crossover Frequency: LF/MF: 570 Hz: MF/HF: 3.5 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 4" C-CAM RST mid-range driver
1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals): 1000 x 185 x 300 mm (393/8 x 75/16 x 1113/16")
External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)): 1000 x 185 x 329 mm (393/8 x 75/16 x 1215/16")
External Dimensions (Including Out-Rigger Plates, Feet and Spikes): 1034 x 252 x 367 mm (4011/16 x 915/16 x 147/16")
Weight (each): 20 kg (44 lb 1 oz)
Sold As: Pair
All eligible company warranty will be provided with the purchase of your Monitor Audio Silver 300 Floorstanding Speaker (pair)