NAD M32 Direct Digital Amplifier
Redefining the Integrated Amp
The traditional integrated amp included the preamp control centre with the power amp in a single chassis. The downside of this was the reduced flexibility and possible interference by the high voltage power circuits to the highly sensitive preamp stages caused by cramming everything into one box. In the new digital age, these limitations disappear. The signal can stay in the digital domain right up to the speaker outputs, making the M32 preamp impervious to interference from the power stage. Concerns about limited flexibility are erased by NAD’s innovative Modular Design Construction (MDC), which allows a greater density of inputs as well as the flexibility to upgrade complete circuits as future technologies unfold.
Modular Design Offers Maximum Flexibility
By placing inputs and associated circuitry on uniform upgradeable modules, the M32 can be custom tailored to cater to your exact requirements. There are a total of four MDC slots, with three being available for expansion. The preinstalled module is the SPDIF Module, including AES/EBU, 2 x Coax and 2 x Optical, all 24/192 capable. Additionally there is a USB B port for connecting computers as well.
The Preamp is Replaced By Software
When it comes to the M32 we have combined all preamp and power amp functions into a single amplifying stage controlled by software. Highly advanced mathematics determines all control functions including volume and filters. This produces a dramatic reduction in noise and distortion, bringing you much closer to both the music and the performers. Traditional volume controls that change the gain in an active analogue circuit cannot approach the transparency of the M32. It also allows ‘perfect’ tone controls that only change tone, without adding phase shift or distortion. You can also easily bi-wire or add a subwoofer(s) with the built-in electronic crossover.
Ready For Hi-Res Audio
By simply adding the optional BluOS MDC Module, the M32 becomes part of the BluOS® wireless multi-room music ecosystem. Unlike UPnP or AirPlay® which rely on middleware to translate between different platforms; BluOS is a true operating system unlimited by reliance on middleware or computers.
As the leader in high-resolution network audio, BluOS is a complete music management system that brings all your music together, whether it is on hard drives or the cloud, into one easy-to-use control app for smartphones, tablets and laptops. It is also a wireless multi-room system fully compatible with the amazingly affordable Bluesound wireless speakers and digital music players.
Phono and Headphones Are Not Forgotten
The M32 also has 2 x Line Inputs and a MM Phono Input that sounds incredible with vinyl. Accurate RIAA equalization, a clever phase cancelling infrasonic filter, and a huge overload margin combine to bring out the best in your LPs. Furthermore, if you are a headphone enthusiast you’ll be thrilled at the sound of our discrete headphone amplifier, which is able to drive even planar and high impedance studio cans. With high voltage and low output impedance, your headphones will sound their best.
With 2 x 150W power on tap, the M32 can make almost any speaker sing. The M32 has virtually no distortion, and a damping factor that is off the chart. This is all due to the innovative DirectDigital™ Feedback Amplifier built under license from Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR), which uses a form of digital error correction that is incredibly fast and accurate. This is a true digital amp (not just Class D) that is computer controlled and amplifies entirely in the digital domain, converting to analogue at the speaker terminals. This gives it the shortest signal path in NAD’s history.
Modern and Fresh
The all-alloy casework is elegant and practical. The single control knob for volume is supplemented by a TFT touchscreen display, which replaces a multitude of mechanical switches and expands the range of adjustments possible with detailed graphical readouts (IR remote is also included). Because the controls are all software defined, we can add new controls and features by simply upgrading to new firmware. This is quite revolutionary and works hand-in-hand with MDC to create a future-proof digital music player. Rigid panels with magnetic iso-point feet provide a solid foundation for the multi-layer circuit boards and intricate internal construction. The M32 is a completely modern and fresh take on the traditional stereo amplifier, with features and performance from the future.
Master Quality Authenticated
Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) is a revolutionary end-to-end technology built into every BluOS Enabled amplifier to capture and deliver MQA music to your speakers in the purest quality. All BluOS Enabled players and systems include a powerful decoder and audio renderer for the millions of the MQA encoded songs, The MQA logo shown in the BluOS app indicates that the unit is decoding and playing an MQA stream or file, and lets you know that you are hearing exactly what the artist recorded and approved in the studio
- DirectDigital™ amplification, combining all preamplification and power amplification functions into a single amplifying stage
- Four MDC slots with three for customization and expandability, all are 24/192 capable
- AES/EBU, Coax and Optical, USB A and USB B
- MM Phono Input
- Single-ended Line Inputs
- Asynchronous USB 2.0 (24/192) Computer Input
- AES/EBU, Coax, and Optical 924/192 Inputs
- Subwoofer Crossover with selectable Crossover Frequency and Levels
- Crossover Frequency and Levels
- Headphone Amplifier
- Two sets of Speaker Outputs for Bi-wiring
- Remote Control HTRM-2
- Continuous Output Power into 8 Ohm and 4 Ohm - 180W (ref. 20Hz-20kHz at rated THD, both channels driven)
- THD (20Hz-20kHz) - 0.005% (250mW to 180W, 8 Ohm and 4 Ohm)
- Signal/Noise Ratio - >92dB (A-weighted, 500mV input, ref. 1W out in 8 Ohms)
- Clipping Power - >195W (at1kHz, 0.1% THD)
- IHF Dynamic Power
- 8 Ohm -220W
- 4 Ohm - 360W
- 2 Ohm - 400W
- Peak Output Current - >30A (in 1 Ohm, 1ms)
- Damping Factor - >160 (ref. 8 Ohms, 20Hz-6.5kHz)
- Frequency Response - ±0.3dB (ref. 20Hz-96kHz at 192kHz)
- Bit Rate/Sample Rate - up to 24 bit/192kHz
Line Input, Pre Out
- Input Impedance (R and C) - 10 kilohms + 100pF
- Maximum Input Signal - >4Vrms (ref. 0.1% THD)
- Output Impedance - 240 Ohms
- Input Sensitivity - 146mV (ref. 500mV out, Volume Maximum)
- Maximum Voltage Output – IHF load - >2V (ref. 0.1% THD)
- Tone Controls - Treble: ±10dB at 20kHz Bass: ±10dB at 60Hz Balance: -10dB
Phono Input, Pre Out
- Input Sensitivity - 2.38mV (ref. 400mV out, Volume Maximum)
- Maximum Input Signal 1 1kHz - >66mV rms (ref. 0.1% THD)
Line Input, Headphone Out
- Output Impedance - 0.5 Ohm
- at Auto Standby ON - 0.5 Watts*
- OFF mode (Power switched OFF) - 0.4 Watts
- Dimensions - 435 x 133 x 396mm (17 1/8 x 5 1/4 x 15 5/8”)
- Net Weight - 9.8kg (21.6lb)
- Shipping Weight - 18.5kg (40.8lb)