A solid mechanical foundation is paramount in reducing external vibration and providing precise location of the CD drive mechanism. This allows smooth operation and a minimum of tracking errors. Heavy gauge steel and non-resonant plastic moldings are carefully engineered to provide optimum results. The transport is mounted on reinforced steel rails and over 30 fasteners are used to lock the assembly together and maintain precise dimensional integrity. Precise clocking of the digital data stream allows the Wolfson 24-bit DAC to provide accurate linearity for the PCM data conversion to analogue waveform. Audio OPAmps buffer the output without adding noise or distortion to the music. Multi-layer PCBs using surface mount components allow for an enhanced circuit layout with very short signal paths. Powering these elements is a custom designed active power supply that provides multiple regulated voltages to the transport, digital circuits, analog circuits, and the control and display circuits. Front panel controls are duplicated on the hand held remote allowing Play, Pause, Skip, and Scan functions. In addition, many more features are available from the remote handset, such as Random: Tracks/files are played at random mode, Program: Enter or exit program mode, Repeat: Track, file, or whole disc is repeated, and RPT A-B: Playback sequence is repeated. The dimmable dot matrix display shows tracks, total playing time. Track time, disc time, and remaining time are all available. The C 538 can also play CD-R discs, allowing you to play customized CD's burned from your computer. Because these songs are encoded in MP3 or WMA, you can fit up to 10 hours of music on a single disc which is perfect for party mixes or ambient listening. There are also both optical and coaxial digital outputs that allow connection to an external DAC or digital component (like an AVR) to provide the most efficient and best sounding system setups.
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and discs with MP3s and WMA files
- vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) shows settings and disc playback information
- repeat, random, and program play
- forward and reverse skip and search functions
- display dimmer
- wireless remote
- detachable power cord
- regulated active power supply
- Wolfson 24-bit/192KHz digital-to-analog converter
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±0.5 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
FEATURES & DETAILS
• Plays CD/CD-R/CD-RW
• Supports MP3/WMA playback
• Wolfson High Spec 24/192 DAC
• Stereo Analog Output
• Coaxial and Optical Digital Outputs
• IR Remote • Programmed playback
• Random Playback
• Repeat: Track, File, Folder, All, A-B
• Time Display: CD - Elapsed/remaining playback time of current track, disc remaining playback time MP3/WMA - Song Title, Artist Name, Album Name, elapsed playback time of current file.
All eligible company warranty and service support is being provided on Nad C538 Compact Disc Player.