AD C338 Integrated Amplifier is the brand, originally British, which in 1978 launched the 3020, a small affordable audiophile amp that became the best-selling stereo integrated in the history of Hi-Fi, with over a million of copies sold. C338 tries to reiterate the feat of his illustrious ancestor. It is both simple and resolutely modern, universal, open to networked music with its integrated Chromecast receiver while delivering seamless performance at a very reasonable price.
Aesthetically, the device does not deny its origins. The Nad C338 keeps the design extremely sober and timeless, customary to the small integrated of the brand. On its dark gray plastic front, there is only one central display and five buttons: a standby button, two to select the source, a volume potentiometer, and a single "Bass EQ" button. The small remote does not add much: just a "dim" button to adjust the brightness of the display and three buttons to zap, pause or activate music playback.
- 50 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.01% THD
- 50 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.01% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- Class D Asymmetrical PowerDrive amplifier design
- 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-performance playback of digitally connected sources such as a CD player
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, internet radio, and music streaming services
- includes support for Google Cast (now called Chromecast built-in) and Spotify Connect
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible device
- independent built-in high-output headphone amplifier
- remote control
- free NAD control app for iOS® and Android™ lets you use your compatible mobile device as a remote control
- 4 digital audio inputs (2 optical/2 coaxial)
- 3 stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- subwoofer output
- full-size headphone jack
- pair of binding post speaker connectors
- detachable power cord
- 17-3/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 11-15/16"D
- signal-to-noise ratio: 92 dB
All eligible company warranty and service support is being provided on NAD C338 Integrated Amplifiers.