NAD C 390DD Direct Digital Powered DAC Amplifier
The NAD C 390DD is not only a new concept in amplification, but also in audio system architecture. First introduced in the now famous NAD M2 Direct Digital Amplifier, Direct Digital technology has been praised for its transparent, dynamic and detailed sound quality. Like the M2, the C 390DD has no analogue stages in the signal path, keeping music in the digital domain right up to the speaker outputs. All preamp functions are executed in the digital domain without the phase shift, noise and distortion that plagues all analogue designs regardless of price or pedigree. Its 35-bit architecture and 108MHz master clock also make Direct Digital one of the most accurate DAC technologies available.
USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE CAPACITY
The following are the C 390DD's capabilities with respect to USB mass storage device playability.
- Digital USB Front/Digital USB Back (USB Type A): Supports playback of MP3, WMA and FLAC files MP3/WMA: 48 kHz FLAC: 24 bit/48 kHz
- Computer (USB Type B): 24 bit/96 kHz PCM content from PC or MAC
- FAT12/16 root directory up to 256 files (short names)
- FAT12/16/32 up to 65535 files (short names) per directory
- FAT file system limited to 2TB
- File and directory names limited to 64 characters
- Up to 16 maximum level of directories
- Supports USB version 1.1
C 390DD Audio Resolution chart.
- USB Type A - 24 bit/48 kHz
- USB Type B - 24 bit/96 kHz
- Optical - 24 bit/192 kHz
- Digital Coax - 24 bit/192 kHz
- Optional HDMI DD HDMI-1 - 24 bit/192 kHz
Since the C 390DD performs the functions of multiple conventional components, not only is the sound improved, but the way a music system is configured can change as well. The C 390DD is ready for the world of computer audio with its asynchronous USB input that can directly stream 24/96 content from your PC or Mac, USB memory sticks and hard drives (Fat32) are also supported with both front and rear connections. Or add NAD's innovative C 446 Digital Media Tuner to stream and manage your internet radio and NAS devices as well as local FM and AM broadcasts. Naturally, traditional components like CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc players can all be accommodated. Even older analogue sources and turntables can be used with the optional DD Analogue/Phono Module.
All eligible company warranty and service support is being provided on NAD C 390DD Direct Digital Powered DAC Amplifier